Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Email encryption on iOS 8+: iPGMail

I use GnuPG and PGP, but I want the ability to read encrypted email on mobile without waiting to return to a workstation. I want the ability to reply encrypted as well.

So I found this app called iPGMail that works very well.

It integrates with iCloud and Dropbox in order to transfer data more securely (i.e. not email).

I was able to securely import an existing PGP private key and use it to decrypt emails sent to me.  I was also able to import public keys for recipients and then use the app to send encrypted mail directly to them without using copy/paste or other tricks. The app works well and is integrated well enough that it only takes a couple more taps to open encrypted data. It works the same way for sending encrypted mail.

And it's only $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment